Cascade Yachts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration

+2
Capn_Q
Kristen Mead
6 posters

Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration

Post  Kristen Mead Mon May 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Hello Everyone, Welcome to the Cascade Owner's Forum. You don't need to be an owner to register--anyone interested in Cascades is certainly welcome.

If you're needing to make a post to ensure you've got your registration set up correctly, just make sure you're logged in, and reply to this post. Hopefully it'll help keep things tidy in here.

Best Regards,
Kristen Posey Mead
(Russell's Wife)

Kristen Mead

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Looks like this is still pretty new...

Post  Capn_Q Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 pm

We just acquired our first blue water boat, a 1972 Cascade 42 ketch named Kuani. She lies in Berkeley right now, and we are going to sail her out of Richmond for the summer while we begin work on the long list of to do's. We will be blogging about the experience at www.wingandwing.net - stop by and see how we're doing!

Cap't Ken Neely
R/V Kuani
1979 Cascade 42
Capn_Q
Capn_Q

http://www.wingandwing.net

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Welcome!

Post  Kristen Mead Fri May 07, 2010 12:18 am

Captain Ken,

Welcome, and congrats on your new boat. Very glad to hear you're going to spend a season sailing and making your to-do list--when I got my boat (an 18' catboat) she was in bad shape (read: nightmare) so we started right in on repairs. Along the way we've had to put her restoration on hold at times; consequently, I still don't know what she really feels like under sail and we've had her a few years now. There will be big rewards in the end, when you have the boat you want and you know all of her systems back and forth.

Glad to hear you've got a blog, I'll add you to my RSS reader!

Feel free to post away. I'm sure you're aware that there can be lots of variety between one Cascade 42 and the next, so unravelling the previous owner history of the boat may be a bit of a job. We're hoping that this forum might help connect folks in the Cascade community to share historical information. Russell's always collecting pictures, so if you get some good shots, definitely send them to us!

Again, Welcome,

Kristen

Kristen Mead

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Helloooo...knock knock knock--this thing on?

Post  Shoprat Sat May 08, 2010 1:44 am

Howdy from the Cascade Classic Sailboats site. Looks good in here. Really spiffy. I"ll try real hard not to get any epoxy on the furniture when I stop in.
John

Shoprat

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Glad to find this forum...

Post  Ablissian Fri May 14, 2010 11:54 pm

We bought our Cascade 36, #154, cutter rig, in August of '09. We've spent the fall and winter enjoying sailing her on the Columbia and working through a list of mostly cosmetic upgrades. She was Grimalkin and is now Ablissian. Looking forward to sharing with other Cascade owners.
Peter & Nancy

Ablissian

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Re: Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration

Post  tyee Mon May 17, 2010 1:43 am

Nice Site,

I have a Cascade 36, sloop rig, year/1975 #88, currently at the old Cascade yard in Portland. I've past the halfway mark on my restoration...and hope to launch in the next year. Looking for headsails...self steering, or what have you.

Regards,

Barry

tyee

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Posting privy?

Post  Capn_Q Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Kristen,

WHen I attempt to generate a new topic in any of the other threads, I am told only admin's can do that. Any ideas on how to fix that? I would love to start posting our refit trials and tribs to the 42 forum.

Thanks,

Cap't Ken Neely
Kuani
1978 Cascade 42 Ketch
Hull 092

Last edited by Capn_Q on Tue May 18, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Signature)
Capn_Q
Capn_Q

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty New Topic Trouble

Post  Kristen Mead Tue May 18, 2010 8:52 pm

I checked, you're right. I'll pick on Russ about it tonight when he calls. He didn't give me admin priv's, so I can't fix it myself. He's unloading the Rockport 38 into the new shop today, so nowhere near a computer.

Kristen Mead

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Capt Ken

Post  Kristen Mead Wed May 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Heard from him that he fixed it. Post away!

Kristen Mead

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Affirmative

Post  Capn_Q Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Yes, Kristen, the forum appears to be allowing posting now. I am looking forward to helping build a community around these bullet-proof boats!

Captain Ken Neely
R/V Kuani
1978 Cascade 42 ketch
Hull #092
Capn_Q
Capn_Q

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty New Member!

Post  Captain Mouse Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Hello everyone,

We rescued "Heidi" from the old Cascade yard a couple of years ago, and have been having grand adventures ever since!

In fact we are going for a sail this afternoon! Pray for wind!

--Mouse
Captain Mouse
Captain Mouse

Back to top Go down

Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration Empty Re: Test Thread, Post Here to Test your New Registration

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum