Cascade Yachts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want a dinghy

2 posters

Go down

I want a dinghy Empty I want a dinghy

Post  Kristen Mead Wed May 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Make it yellow!

Kristen Mead

Back to top Go down

I want a dinghy Empty dinghy

Post  kiwijohn Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:32 pm

I have an 8' Bolger (?) Nymph. You may want to look at building one of these. It is perfect for just two people and it is pretty easy to put on deck. Light enough for a couple to hoist up on of those rocky landings. We just got back froim a 6 month trip and seldom used the motor, buying two gallons of gas in all that time. (We still have one gallon left)

kiwijohn

Back to top Go down

I want a dinghy Empty Dinghies

Post  Kristen Mead Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:26 pm

I was mostly just posting that to check something at the time, and bug Russell (the Cascade Yacht Works owner, and my husband). It's sort of an inside joke--way back when, we built two self-designed dinghies in our apartments. Mine was yellow. His was red. I've never been able to eat enchiladas without thinking I'm tasting fiberglass dust since. She survived Katrina at the yacht club, the yacht club itself didn't, she was a sturdy thing. I couldn't bring her when we moved up here, so she's got a new home. But I do miss her.

(But I do want a Cascade 9, a new one with the new middle seat, in Awlgrip Fighting Lady yellow, Russell dearest, if you're searching for something to get me for Christmas. Then you could give me a sailing rig for our anniversary! It's probably a no in both cases, but that's ok.)

Russell's making a bit of a change to the middle seat on the Cascade 9. It's going to be another enclosed watertight area. More buoyancy in case of a swamping, and storage for rainy days. We built one to test a few things on, mostly mold-release stuff, and we've hauled her camping, sent her up-river, tossed her in a pile of little lakes, and generally mis-treat the heck out of her. Hey, Cascade has that bulletproof reputation, and we need to make sure we're still up to snuff. We have 2 small dogs--one likes sitting on the transom seat, the other likes to put his paws up on the rail and stand with his back legs against the DB case. The dinghy rows very easily. Russ says she sails pretty well too--I haven't tried her under sail yet.

I've always loved Bolger's designs--Nymph and Turtle are some of my favorites. Always loved thumbing through the old CLC catalog Russ has. And there's a little Woodenboat round-up magazine usually available at Fred Meyer's around Christmas that showcases a number of designs. Duckworks is a collective of great designers, and B&B has a lot of neat little designs. In fact, it's that time of year where we all get cabin fever and dream about what we'd like to build in the garage. (Or in my case, the living room of the apartment).

Have a good one!
Kristen

Kristen Mead

Back to top Go down

I want a dinghy Empty Re: I want a dinghy

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum